Check Out Our Job Openings Below
Farmers Market Position
Sweet Mountaintop Farm is seeking new helpers for our farmers market stands! We are looking for someone who loves people, herbal medicine, and flowers and wants to share their interests with our community.
We are a small farm that focuses on growing medicinal herbs and everlasting flowers. Our products include fresh herbs, dried herbs, herbal bouquets, herbal products, everlasting bouquets, and products made with everlasting flowers such as wreaths, garlands, and flower crowns. All of our crops are grown with organic practices. We love sharing our products and passions with the community and as our farm continues to grow we are hoping to expand our market family.
We are looking for someone who is willing and able to individually run our stand at the farmers market. This job includes picking up and dropping off our market van at the farm, loading buckets of flowers into the market van, setting up and breaking down the market stand, and carrying out sales while providing customer service to market goers. You need to be able to accurately count money, use Square POS system, and use the Google Sheets App to fill out sales logs. During the summer months (June- October), we go to 4-5 markets per week. Markets are mostly on Saturdays and Sundays, so you must be available both of those days. During the rest of the year we only go to 2-3 markets per week.
- Ideally you have prior farmers market experience, or experience that is comparable
- You have reliable transportation in order to get to the farm to pick up the market van
- You are able to multitask and work individually
- You have the willingness and desire to learn about our products in order to explain them to our customers
- You are exceptionally responsible, energetic, and have a positive attitude
- You are physically able to perform some heavy lifting required for market setup and breakdown
- You must have a smartphone and be able to download the Square app and the Google Sheets app.
- You are a good driver and feel comfortable driving to and from the Los Angeles area
- You are punctual, and you are able to work shifts that start early in the morning
- You are available to work the entire season for 2022 (season ends the week before Christmas)
We pay a training rate of $17/hr. Once you are fully trained, hourly compensation increases to $20/hr, and you will also receive profit sharing from the markets you work. You will be paid as an independent contractor, and you will receive an IRS-1099 for all wages paid.
Please apply below. Thanks!